- Virtual Herbarium - The Virtual Herbarium portion of Atrium provides many tools for entry, organization and analysis of collection data. Collaborators can view complete collection data and high resolution images, print labels, and annotate collections remotely.
- Geospatial Data Repository - Atrium allows researchers to store, search, and download GIS data in both raster and vector formats.
- Bibliographic References - Atrium provides a searchable repository for bibliographic references and documents.
- Weather Data - Atrium hosts weather station data from multiple sites and allows multiple sensor datasets to be graphed and downloaded.
- Field Database - The Atrium Field Database provides a way for researchers to view and manage biodiversity data and images while in the field and disconnected from the internet. Changes in the Field Database and the Atrium server are syncronized when internet connectivity is re-established.
- Global Sharing - Data in Atrium can be accessed through GBIF, a multi-national organization that aggregrates biodiversity data from over 200 worldwide data providers.